SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

R.I.P. Captain Phil....


Granted this is not about Sons or Suns, but this is another of those things I like, so I have to write about it too. My family and I always look forward to the show "Deadliest Catch" and watch all the reruns in the off season with great anticipation of the next series of episodes. Well today I hear on the news on my way to work about Phil, CAPTAIN PHIL!! So sad to get the news of his passing. He was one of my favorite Captains for the same reasons many others have for liking him, his straight forward honesty, and his sharp sense of humor. He was a "tough" guy and I liked that about him. Granted there are the other Captains I like too, but Captain Phil being gone is going to be a big void in the show. 53 years old is YOUNG, too young to die, it makes me feel badly for Josh and Jake. I know this feeling of losing someone far too early and it's definitely a hard one to grasp and come to terms with. If the show goes on, I know we will be sitting there together, as a family, singing along to Bon Jovi, seeing all the other familar faces, feeling that void, and cheering like we are going to profit when they haul in that first pot. Good bye Captain Phil Harris, R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment