SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pictureless ramble....

Do all posts need pictures? I hope not because this one as you will discover does not have one. I don't have any handy and really I am just going to ramble. What a long long day it has been...and I would really like to be home reading more of the Prince and the Pauper. I have been reading that in the evenings and frankly it maketh my brain hurteth... It's hard to read, sort of, like reading the Bible with all the little extras on "thee" ends of words. But I will carry on and conquer..I can beat this! I will then continue with my Stephen King books of weirdness and give up on Mark Twain. I recently finished the Hunger Games trilogy and my opinion of that is, I do not think the author favors children.
.
Today I went to JoAnns to look at and admire the variety of ribbon they have on display. I had picked out a number of fine colors and patterns. I was particularly fond of one for my leash holder projects that said "Furry Friend" and had a paw print when I discovered I had forgotten my dang 40% off coupon. A shame really, but I refuse to pay full price, especially during March Madness Coupon week! So I put the ribbon back (well sort of, I somewhat hid it so no one else could buy it before my return in approximately 24 hours) and went to the sticker section where things were already 40% off and bought up some lovely pink stickers that had nothing to do with dog leash holders. Now if you are questioning how much gas I would use over the savings of the 40% off coupon, FEAR NOT, I carpooled to the craft store so it WAS worth waiting and coming back tomorrow, AND cost effective. I do have to say though it irritates me when I forget something as important as my COUPONS!!!! It's annoyance in the ninth degree...it's exhausting it's irresponsible and unnerving, it's making me a bigger nut job then formerly thought..It makes me want to run out of there yelling and throwing all caution to the wind and ensue in a fist fight in the parking lot, because I'm not going to take it, NO I ain't going to take it.. I'm not going to take it ANYMORE (as heard from the band Twisted Sister) if the ribbon is NOT there tomorrow.
.
WHOA! See that, LONG day, just like I said in the beginning. I probably wouldn't be on the verge of lunacy if I had been able to sleep through the night last night. But when you have a 21 pound cat that eats her food down to 4 kibbles you are bound to be woken up when she comes up to tell you that she is concerned she might get hungry before you actually wake (even though she devoured nearly 100 of the darn things right before leaving the 4). I hissed at her (yes, hissed..little dose of her own medicine) and sent her running (sounds like a small elephant) down the hall, meowing about how mean I am to not care. This was at 2:17 AM... I know because I looked. Then at 4 something.. (I didn't pay as close attention that time...my mission was strictly "seek and destroy") she had to reiterate her concerns with the now complete lack of kibbles. I cursed her, shut my door and laid down wide eyed and bushy tailed knowing I had only 2 more hours to sleep, but first I had to make my heart stop pounding and my thoughts turn back to pleasant dreams...that ended up using a good 22 minutes of my 2 hours left. SOOOOO MAD!!!! So this morning as wicked payback I went into Addisyn's room and woke up Penguin (she uses the 2nd bed in that room, she thinks we put it in there for her) by pushing her off the bed and making her meow. Then I put 32 kibbles in her bowl KNOWING full well she likes to eat 57 of them in the morning. HA!!! Take that broken alarm clock kitty!!!!!
.

I am exhausted..I have little to talk about and I have not done anything for the greater good of mankind (EVER). Oh wait I did add some kind men! Have I mentioned lately how fantastic my kids are and how very much I love them? NO? Sheesh what kind of Mother am I.. Allow me, I have FANTASTIC kids and I LOVE THEM VERY MUCH! There... done! Not really, there is so much more I could say about these kids.... for example how responsible my Steven is, how he is working and doing the school thing and how his really sweet wife (my first and only daughter in law) is now a bonafide teacher and has been substituting till one of these schools is lucky enough to hire her. They are doing great, and I am proud of both of them, and can't wait to be a GRANDMA sometime. How Thomas is working full time and has been SUPER responsible about paying his bills. How Mikey is a huge help with the younger siblings and how I can always count on him for help....and a good laugh (that is one funny kid). How Patrick got an EXCEEDS oh his AIMS testing for Science (WOW, that's a tough subject!) and is studying to be a comedian because that boy is a crack up!! How Daniel has joined TRACK, which is athletic like and a new adventure for my boy the bookworm.. Finally how Addisyn has been working really hard to do the right things everyday, make better choices, and stay out of trouble.. and she has been doing great!
.
GREAT KIDS=Lucky Momma!
.
That's enough of this rambling.... Till next time... Happy painting and God bless. Ha, I stole that from Bob Ross, I don't even paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment