SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

SUNS! SONS!

I am a fan, REALLY I am!!! I just don't always have time to blog about it, because more importantly I am a fan of my Sons, and they take up a lot of my time. But HOORAH! check my boys out! Beat Denver, secured home court advantage, beat Utah again (it's ok Mark, this is an excellent thing) and are going to play the Trail Blazers in the first round of the playoffs. So proud of my boys! Now just need that Robin Lopez and his bulging disc to heal up so he can dominate under the basket!
DENIED!
In addition to this fabulous news I was also excited that the Deadliest Catch started back up. The first episode did not disappoint, we even had a scuffle (cheap shot there Johnathon) in the abandoned ship skeleton. The network was incredibly busy "bleeping" out whole sentences rather than a word or two. I feel you can get your point across boys WITHOUT every other word being worthy of "bleeping". But of course I haven't sailed the Bering Sea nor do I know what it's like to earn over $30,000 in a few weeks time so perhaps it's justified? I am SURE I could do this job, I have said countless times I would love to just TRY. I understand it's dangerous, I could be sea sick, I could fall overboard without a survival suit, or get hit with one of those 800-1000 pound pots, but still...... I want to try! Good Ol' Captain Phil
In other news, we are getting closer and closer to the nuptials of our oldest boy! I have filled out 110 wedding invitations (I had the smaller stack to complete). I have thought about the fact that I need to go shopping for an outfit and have done nothing further. However I do know that my love of sweats will not be tolerated, even if they do go with the color scheme. Thankfully I have a daugther in law-to-be with shopping knowledge who is willing to go about the task of clothing me in something wedding-ish.
My idea of clothes!
And that's all I have for now, blogging consistently is a lot harder than I care to admit with a busy schedule like mine! But I figure my goal RIGHT now is atleast a couple times a month!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you . . . why can't they have a "try out to be on the ship" contest and let every day people be part of the Deadlist Catch. I love to deep sea fish and I think I would be able to do it and I'm not afraid to work. I pick the Northwestern - what ship would you pick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now with the passing of Phil, I would probably choose the Northwestern also.

    ReplyDelete