Hey fellow bloggers, did you know that if you upload pictures on a specific day and then wait nearly a month to write something about them that they still show the date of when you uploaded them? So what happened was I uploaded some pictures in August of when we took the kids on some mini getaways. I didn't write anything till recently when I added a few more pictures and I posted it. Where does it show up? It showed up before the Recreational Thoughts post (that I wrote in September). So to hear about our little family excursions you will have to scroll down past the quad teaching post.
Brian and I try to do things with the kids, hoping to set some happy memories up so that when they have children they too will desire to take them places where they can look back and say, "when we were little Grandma and Grandpa took us into this cave or up to the top of this mountain". If they decide not to do those things, well that's fine too, because it's going to be a BLAST to take the grandbabies on trips! Then we will be telling them, "when your Daddy was a little boy we took him here", or "this is the toilet your Daddy used on the top of the San Francisco peaks", or "this is the dinosaur that ate your Uncle Pat". (MUST see previous trip blog to understand these last comments)
Every now and then Brian and I will go on a trip ALL BY OURSELVES! No...... really, it's true! Just recently we returned from one of these trips. We took a ride over to Cali to see the coast, go to Catalina Island, and hit a theme park or 2. How we managed to pick the week that happened to be the HOTTEST week EVER in Anaheim/Los Angeles is beyond me. We escaped the cool mountain air just in time to arrive in Phoenix like conditions in California! Totally stunk! We made the best of it though and to prove we took a trip together......................
.
.
.
.
...................we took pictures......................
.
.
.
.
.
.......................WITHOUT kids!!!!...................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.............Just the TWO of us, together..............
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.SEE!
.


Is he looking at your purse??? I think he was looking for Downkay!
ReplyDeleteI think my nephew is a lot more handsome than this guy with you. Ha! Those trips are fun too and qualify for "down memory lane".
ReplyDelete