Lap Tops
Sony Playstation 3
X BOX 360
I Pod Touch
Cell PhonesNook Color
_____
Can you imagine? I can't, so the answers are:
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
and finally NO, from the mean ol' Mom I am.
_
_
Can it get any worse than that? Well I am here to tell you YES in fact it can get even worse than those requests. Let's take a recent conversation with Patrick;
.....
"Pat, what do you want for Christmas Bud?"
"I don't know"
"Well there has to be something you need?"
"Not really."
"You mean to say you have everything you need and every thing you want?"
"No not everything."
"Oh so what is one of the things you need?"
"I don't know."
.....
Frustrated? ME TOO!!! NO answers whatsoever... BUT then, a few days later he did decide (FINALLY) after taking inventory of all the things he HAS, and after ensuring all his NEEDS were met, and nearly all his WANTS... he decided an I Pod Touch would be PERFECT. So I say, "GREAT!, the answer is NO".
What happened to the days of Legos? Wonderful, WONDERFUL legos that make you be creative? (All creativity stops however when you go into their room when it's dark and step on one of those little boogers). So let me rephrase, what happened to the days of Legos with a HANDY STORAGE BIN? Wonderful, WONDERFUL legos with a HANDY STORAGE BIN that make you be creative?
What's wrong with Matchbox cars? Michael LOVED Matchbox Cars...........now Michael has a real truck and anything for that is expensive, sound systems, special lights (?), etc...
Board games are the dinosaurs of entertainment apparently :0(.........replaced by the video games that are only fun if they include violence and crime promoting activity. That's a bummer! Not to mention if you have an X BOX 360 or a Sony Playstation 3, you are going to be paying BIG BUCKS for 1 (ONE !) game.
I had Addisyn's presents bought in no time for a 1/3 of the cost of 1 item those TEENAGE BOYS want. And even though Lindsey is grown and married, she is still easier to buy for... Girls are just easier regardless of the age.
So if you have any suggestions as to great gifts for difficult teens please do share! Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS Yes, I said Merry Christmas! Even if you prefer Happy Holidays, even if you find it inappropriate I prefer Merry Christmas.




I'm so glad my boys are still young!
ReplyDelete