SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Monday, November 22, 2010

It's a....................

GIRL!


But we knew that! She has been with us the last 14 months, so we figured it out long before now. But as of 11/20/10 she is officially OUR girl.
Addisyn Cady
We headed out about 9:00 on Saturday morning with all our boys and Grandma Mary and met at the courthouse with about 13 other adoptees. They put on a nice celebration at the courthouse (twice a year) and there were games, and snacks and mingling. (Daniel was hovering over the snack table and I finally had to drag him away, "NO GRAZING".)
So we waited our turn, it happened pretty fast and we went in as a group along with Addisyn's twin brothers and their adoptive family. They were able to see their big sister have a "Forever Family" and she was able to watch them be adopted into their "Forever Family". It was a good thing as the siblings gained comfort from knowing everyone would be well taken care of. It's a long LONG story as to why they weren't all placed in the same home, but rest assured that the children are happy and that as responsible parents we keep the communication open for them.
Now with the adoption final she is a lucky girl. I think she might need a sister though as she is now a little girl with 7 brothers (counting her twin brothers). 7 BROTHERS! Is that indeed lucky? I think perhaps it is, lots of protectors, and lots of great boys to look up to. Not to mention she is a bit of a tomboy herself. (Could this be helped, I don't believe so.)
So allow me to introduce you again to our newest girl!! She has a fiery personality and a pretty quick wit. She is a fantastic helper, and she and I are enjoying being able to scrapbook together and do crafts. She is SMART, loving, sensitive, sweet, and has come a long way in 14 months. I am glad she is here, and we love her!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you guys! That is awesome and she is beautiful! I'm glad she found you!

    ReplyDelete