I recently joined the throngs of Potter fans at the local theater to take in the final installment of the Harry Potter mega million dollar making motion pictures. I went early, meaning a morning showing, and an hour before it started. As I sat there eating my popcorn (knowing I could get a free refill for the movie if needed) I spoke to a young girl wearing a Harry Potter cloak. Not the invisibility cloak of course, I know, because I could see her. But a standard black cape like cloak. Then 1/3 of the popcorn bag later a lady walked in wearing a Gryffindor scarf knotted up very fashionably (HELLO, it's 100 degrees outside! Was it really necessary to wear that?) I continued to wait, sitting there (eating) and silently making fun of the people in "character". Finally the movie theater worker removed the barrier and walked us all to our theater, much like 1st graders following the teacher back in from PE. Although we were walking faster than 1st graders, almost like if we didn't hurry someone would take cuts. (FYI, that's unacceptable for 1st graders and full grown adults.) We arrived and seated ourselves in the back row (of course) as it's the safest location in the movies. What's that you say? You like to sit at the bar so you can put your feet up? Well to each their own, but having my feet up isn't as important to me as NOT having my seat kicked, or NOT having someone sneeze without covering their nose behind me, or NOT having someone drag up a loogie and then wondering where exactly that ended up. OR the best yet, the person behind me that STILL puts their feet up even if I am sitting in that chair in front of them. I am shocked there isn't more violence in the theater itself and not just on the big screen. Since it would appear I am complaining, allow me to continue with one more thing, I was also bothered by the people that felt it necessary to clap loudly after something spectacular happened during the movie. REALLY? It's not a live production, the actors aren't going to pause to allow the cheering so we don't miss the next moment in the movie. No one but us in the movie theater with you know you are clapping, so KNOCK IT OFF! Ok back to my point (because yes I do have one). I didn't wear a cloak, a Gryffindor scarf, carry a homemade wand, or draw a lightening bolt on my forehead, I think it's silly. But while washing my hands in the bathroom to my horror I discovered I did indeed get into character (not on purpose). How? Well I came as this guy!
It's TRUE, I have this HAIR! And with the recent humidity it's even worse (which is why his looks fuller than mine). No wonder the young girl next to me wanted to know if Snape was my favorite character too! And in the final installment his cheeks appear a little chubbier, THAT'S ME TOO, and you see the wrinkle on his forehead between his eyes, ME AGAIN! When we go back to see it with the kids (because we know we will) I am wearing a hat! (I'll also be sitting in the back row).
I do like Severus, Professor Snape if you will... I do not however want to look like him, after all he's a dude, and older than me, and there are several more reasons.
Ugh, stupid hair!
lunch boxes for women
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment