SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where does the time go?

I am terrible at this blogging thing.  Terrible with no really good excuse.  Yes I have a lot going on, but if I think back through my day I am sure there are times I could do this as opposed to what I am doing, which is probably nothing at that particular moment.  So therefore we shall call it LAZY.  I am a lazy blogger!  Therefore I should never be disappointed if this never goes anywhere for me monetarily.  Not that money was the reason for me starting a blog, I think it was more of a case of logging memories.  The virtual scrapbook if you will.  I prefer the other kind but of course if I don't have time for this blog (and I work on a computer all day) then we all know I have ZERO time for the artsy crafty type scrap booking that I LOVE and am forever buying materials for. 

Updates.

My beloved Zoe a.k.a. Penguin has been relocated to a new habitat.  She is doing very well and doesn't seem to miss us a bit.  Her new family feeds her more regularly I am thinking?  She has more freedoms perhaps?  She is allowed on all the beds I predict?  Regardless she needed a new home and I found a fabulous, trusting, and loving family for her.  All 24.8 pounds (at last count) of her.  Go on GIT cat, I can't lift you no more!

School has started again!  Oh how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE school time!  Some of you may know that we have 4 Foster children right now, they have been with us since February 2012.  Some really good kiddos but 4 additional ones is a lot for anyone to take on.  Especially someone who works full time and has 3 kids still home of their own.  But I am glad to help out, and it's been a tremendous learning experience.  Therefore at the start of this school year we have the following grades going on.  (And a lot of dang homework).  A Junior, Sophomore, 5th, 4th, 3rd, and Kindergartener (oh and one in daycare who thinks that's her school)!  Can you believe the Kindergartner even has homework?  It's absurd!

We have done a little work around the house, after 28 years of living in Arizona I am now the proud owner of an air conditioning unit!  I believe it's lovingly referred to as an HVAC system.  Call it what you like, but that bad boy is the key to my happiness at the moment.  I love it and  since it works so hard to keep me cool, I know it loves me too.  Good bye tiny swamp cooler that only cooled off 400 square feet of my over 3000 square foot house and even failed at that during the monsoons.  Oh HAPPY DAY!

I have packed on a solid 20 + pounds in the past 2 years . 
 I would like to tell you it's because I am hitting a milestone age this year and it's harder to keep it off.  But truth be told, I am not a fan of exercise and I am a HUGE fan of yummy food.  I only have myself to blame and normally I wouldn't care, but my legs aren't working together to help me walk anymore, they are just getting in each other's way.  It's terrible.  My goal in 2013 is to slim down, to the point where we don't have to fear a fire if I ever have to run while wearing corduroy pants. Any suggestions of how I can accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.  All suggestions should take into consideration my limited time and the fact I have to cook for 9 people every night.  Thank you!  If I am successful I will post AFTER pictures.. Before pictures are just cruel.

I guess this will have to sum it up for what is clearly becoming my semiannual blog entry.  I need to acquire a talent or something, post scrapbook pages I never have time to complete.  Something that makes this nonsense blog at least somewhat interesting.  Book suggestions, Style updates (that's a laugh, have you seen how I dress), Recipes, SOMETHING!  I will figure it out.  If I do.............. posts should happen more often, if I don't..................see you in six months :)  Knowing I have no real fan base, I am thinking no one really cares either way.









No comments:

Post a Comment