SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I found a picture of my Pops, he sure looks handsome all decked out in his Army uniform. Like here when he got all dressed up to marry my Mom back in 1969 after his second tour in Vietnam.

My Dad was/is a GREAT man and was/is a wonderful Father and Grandfather. I am pretty sure he was a dang good Uncle, Brother, Cousin, Husband, and Son. He went through life helping the "underdog", seeing potential in people who didn't see it in themselves. He was generous, kind, thoughtful, caring, supportive, funny, witty, sarcastic, and a genius. (No I am NOT just saying that, he did have a very high IQ, my lack of smarts should not make you think he wasn't, it clearly was skipping a generation, but so far as I can tell just 1 generation). He served 22 years in the Army, was given a Purple Heart,
saw some things some of us will never understand, and never backed down from his responsibilities. He was a teacher, a leader, a soldier, an accountant, a builder, an architect, and a friend to many. He was quiet and reserved till he got to know you, and he had an infectious laugh. He was a strong man with a good heart, and loved, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED his grandkids.


My Dad's name is John, he was 6'4" tall, his favorite color was green, he was a meat and potatoes kind of man but there wasn't anything he wouldn't eat (to the point where it's almost gross, lol). He traveled the world, cherished my Mom, had a great sense of humor, and was generous to a fault, I love him very much and I miss him EVERYDAY!


John E. Robinson
12/16/43 --5/25/00

1 comment:

  1. You left out that he was very humorous. Always was making me laugh, makes me wonder where you got it (wink wink). I loved the relationship he and your mama had, they were well matched! I really enjoyed the relationship that you (Johanna) had the same, you don't find a lot of Dad/Daughter relationships like that, I know I missed out on it. Everytime I see a hatchback Hyundai like the one we all 4 (Dad, Mom, Johanna and I) shared I see his smile and yours.

    ReplyDelete