SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Initials are as important as the name.........

As the potential for adoption is getting closer and closer and becoming a reality we have been discussing a number of names for Claudia. For those of you who like the name Claudia, I am sorry, but we are changing it.

We have tossed around first name ideas like Sawyer, Cady, Samantha, Madison, Meatloaf (this she requested), and Cailyn (pronounced Kay Lynn). And my Mom likes Ginger because of the red hair, she could very well be, "Hereeee on Gilligan's Island". The reason for this is because YES we can change the first name, middle name, last name, make up a name, call her no name (lol) anything we want. New start, new name, NEW everything!

So here is a recent conversation that myself and this funny girl had while driving home one day, regarding her name:

Claudia: "Mom when we make my new name I just don't want my initials to say ASS.

Mom: (While trying to control my laughter, because she was so serious about it, and legitimately concerned) I said, "I assure you Claudia that I will make sure your initials do not spell that out, and by the way, you aren't allowed to say that word."

Claudia: "OH! Sorry Mom, and thank you".

So therefore the name Addisyn Sawyer Shepherd is officially OUT.. LOL..

Claudia and I wanted to name her Sawyer Isabella (her original middle name) Shepherd, and she loved the idea of her initials being SIS, since she is in fact the SIS, something I often call her. But my husband does not like Sawyer and some of our sons were not thrilled with it either, especially my older son Tom who didn't think it was funny if I had to holler at them both at the same time, "Tom, Sawyer, knock it off", see the problem with that? So then we liked Addi, it's a cute abbreviated name for Addisyn and it fits her well. So we will be naming her Addisyn, calling her Addi. Middle name maybe Isabella, or Cady, or BOTH.. Either way, at no time will she have the inappropriate initials (her brother's would have a hey day with that). She will be AIS or ACS or AICS, all a safe combination of letters.

Feel free to give your opinion, just remember, opinions are like....?WHAT? A variation of that word a certain little girl isn't allowed to say. Ha Ha.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Addisyn. :) it's my favorite. Love the spelling love the sassy-ness to it, fits her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Meghan you know we really aren't the sassy type, but we will work with it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with the middle name "meatloaf"? Just kidding - pretty funny that she picked that. I like Addisyn and don't give her a middle name. When she gets married she can keep Shepherd as her middle name and then hopefully she won't marry somebody with the last name of Smith and then have her initials ASS - ha!

    ReplyDelete