SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Every heart beats true to the RED, WHITE, & BLUE



I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free..

And I won't forget the men who died to give that right to me..

And I'll gladly stand up, next to you, and defend her still today..

And there ain't no doubt I love this land..

God Bless the U.S.A.




This is my Dad....started out young wanting to be a soldier and fulfilled that dream for 22 years in the Army. He was a brave man, an honest man, and a good man, and I appreciate all that he did for our country and for our family. My Grandpa, John B. Robinson (Jack) was also a soldier who died when my Dad was 2 during the war in 1945, he was a P.O.W, and never came home. My Dad was just about 2 in the one picture, decked out in his uniform. The other picture was taken early in his career. He went on to be a MP (Military Police), a Warden at the base jail, and retired a 1st Sargeant E8. Had he not become ill I think he would have put in another 10 or 15 years serving our country. So on the 4th of July and every day for that matter, I am grateful for brave men and women, like my Dad and my Grandpa before him who did what they were asked to do, even died.


2 comments:

  1. Powerful! I am grateful too. My Dad was in the Navy - enlisting when he was 18 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful man! I thank him in my heart for his service for our beautiful country! What a great post and tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete