Meet Daniel John, the youngest of our long line of boys, handsome boys at that! His post title is Garr..Ga..G...DANIEL because when Daniel came to live with us in Sept. 2007 his name was Garrett Daniel. He was 10 years old when he joined our group, and was our very first foster child. We were nervous about having our first foster child, but we shouldn't have been Daniel has been a great kid!
When Daniel came to live with us he did not do too many "outdoor" things. He didn't know how to ride a bicycle and preferred to stay inside and read. As a matter of fact until his discovery of video games (and immediate addiction) he was the BEST reader in the house. Outdoor activities are not at the top of Daniel's list still but he will go out and ride his bike occassionally. He did learn rather fast thanks to Mike who was a GREAT teacher.
It was really neat to see Daniel celebrate Halloween, it was his FIRST ONE EVER. He literally ran from house to house with Patrick.Here we are ADOPTION DAY!! May 9th, 2009. It was a really neat experience and one we hope to repeat in the future. I would venture to guess that Daniel felt pretty happy that day. Did I mention he is the "quietest" boy in the family? Well he is, he is working on coming out of his shell. Daniel is very smart, shy, and studious!
WELCOME TO THE CLAN DAN!


I just have to say how amazing I think you two are! What a wonderful thing you are doing by being foster parents. Can't wait to keep up with all you are doing...now that I realize I can! Miss you and love you all.
ReplyDeleteHow did I find your blog . . . its a long story, but glad I did. Since we all are so busy this is a great way to find out what all of you are doing. Wow how lucky you and Brian are having such great boys!!
ReplyDelete