SONS and Suns!!!

Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last night's win in Chicago clinched the Suns' 29th playoff appearance!

Here are some stats you might need to know, or already do know if you are a Suns fan

Record: 48-26

Division: 2nd, Pacific

Division Record: 12-4

Conference: 4th, West

Conference Record: 31-16

Has anyone read or had the privilege of seeing the HBO documentary about Larry Bird and Magic Johnson? I like that "hick from French Lick". I like his straight forwardness, I like that he sticks with what he believes in and knows what's right no matter the influences around him. I like how he shied away from the spot light and didn't succomb to the "celebrity status" he could have used to his advantage. This was my Mom's favorite player, or one of them, the one she talked about the most for sure. I found myself cheering for good Ol' Larry in my youth, most likely due to my Mom's loyal fanship (fanship? Is that a word?) But as I continue to be a basketball fan and watch the different players I have witnessed how so many of them fall into the "celebrity status" trap, a particular Kobe comes to mind. I have never been or will never be a fan of Kobe, don't send me any hate comments I am sure we all have a player out there we don't care for. The deal with that is what he did. That's what I do not like, I can appreciate a fantastic ball player, ie: Steve Nash, Grant Hill (all my boys on the Suns team, of course) , LeBron James, Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, etc. etc. and yes Kobe is a good player, however his image in MY EYES is marred due to his infidelity. It's unacceptable, and yes I know people in the world do it all the time and it's just because these guys are in the lime light that some think that's why we are making a big deal of it, however I also don't agree with the common folk doing any of the things we might shake our heads about for the celebrities. I digress........ bottom line, I wish more basketball players were like Larry Bird, Steve Nash, Grant Hill......etc.. and please don't send me any news on these guys that may change their image in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment